Due to the latest lockdown and social distancing restrictions, it will not be possible to hold this event in person as previously scheduled.
Instead, there will be a Zoom meeting. In advance of the meeting, Bert will provide two 5 minute videos for members to review prior to the Jan 30th Zoom meeting. At the previously scheduled meeting time, we will conduct a Zoom meeting were Bert will lead a discussion of the video topics where members can discuss the video topics and ask other questions if desired.
An in-person workshop will be scheduled for a later date when the public health restrictions will allow it.
This workshop will cover a variety of skills and each participant should acquire basic lighting knowledge by its completion.
The workshop will cover:
- Using on camera flash to control off camera flashes.
- Multi flash using flash controllers, understand the use of Channels and Flash groups.
- Flash mode (TTI, HSS, Manual, Multi), the when and why for each mode and their advantages and disadvantages.
- Light Shaping – The use of modifiers to control shape and direction of light. Modifiers such as soft box, umbrella, beauty dish etc. This will be very helpful for those members who plan to attend Photo Compositing #1 & Photo Compositing #2.
- Product photography lighting Light Box.
Due to the wide range of topics covered, number of attendees and skill levels, the format of the workshop will be demonstration of techniques, in a manner that everyone will be able to go home and implement. Bert will be available for questions after the workshop.
In keeping with tradition, attendees will receive the plans for a (Ghetto Box) product with a five minute start to finish assembly and use of the ghetto box for product photography.
By the end of this workshop participants will be able to setup a full portrait photo shoot in any lighting conditions. Make a daytime shoot look like a night shoot. Shoot reflective subjects with flash and shoot subjects wearing eye glasses and avoid reflections.
Members attending this workshop should try some off camera flash photography before attending the workshop. Following this exercise record all the questions you have and bring them to the workshop.
Date: January 30, 2021
Starting Time: 9:00 am
Hamilton Camera Club
Location for Workshop
Registered workshop participants will be sent the necessary meeting connection details prior to the event.
Pre-Registration is required for this workshop
HCC Non-Members: $25.00 pre-registration required