An Evening with the OCCC Judge Chair
During the presentation with the members of our club Norm will cover the following:
- Share his insight about the whole competition process including the challenges we face and how we have progressed in the last 5 years and where we are going in the future
- The process judge’s use to evaluate and score your images
- The objective of judges’ comments
- Engage some of our club members to judge images
- Discuss common errors judges’ find and how to avoid them
- Discuss common errors made by image makers and how to avoid them
- The role of the Club Competition Committees
- What members should do to improve so they make high impact images
- Norm will present several of his own images from 2019 as examples of what competes well and how he created them
About Norm Ullock
Norm Ullock is a member of the Oshawa Camera Club and is a founding member of their Competition Committee. In 2014 Norm initiated the concept of improving the competition & judging process for the Oshawa club. This entire initiative has now become the standard for O3C (OCCC) competitons.
Norm is currently also the Judge Chair for O3C where he serves to bring together O3C member club Competition Directors to share common successes and problems so that all clubs can improve their process for Competition. He has created and implemented several tools and guidelines to assist member clubs.
Norm is also an award winning photographer. He has been OCC Runner up Photographer of the year twice and Photographer of the year for OCC twice. In 2018 he was runner up for the OCCC Open Challenge, Photographer of the year. In 2019 he received the OCCC award for Technical Achievement, recognizing his work to improve Competitions and Judging in the last 5 years.
Norm’s presentation will be online and guests are welcome. Please contact the HCC for instructions if are not a member.
Zoom venue opens at 7:00 pm for those who wish to socialize. Meeting starts at 7:30 pm