2017-18 Clinic Topics will be chosen from the following, as selected by the members at the AGM on May 1, 2017
Clinic 1 – Macro/Close Up
Submission date: October 24, 2016
Shown: November 21, 2016
- Close up photography, is the act of photographing objects such as flowers or insects in close range so the subject you are photographing fills the frame.
- Photography producing photographs of small items larger than life size.
Clinic 2 – Astrophotography
NEW! Submission date EXTENDED TO: December 12, 2016
Shown: January 30, 2017
- The photography of stars and other celestial objects.
- The astronomical objects should be the primary focus and what occupies the majority of the photograph.
Outing: Meteor Shower – Aug 13 16
Guest speaker: Mike Kukucska – Night Skies
Clinic 3 – Churches
Submission date: January 30, 2017
Shown: February 27, 2017
- Traditional churches usually contain an altar and long wooden seats facing the altar called pews.
Guest Speaker: Jeff Tessier – Architecture
Outing: Architectural walk with Jeff Tessier
Clinic 4 – Sports
Submission date: February 27, 2017
Shown: March 27, 2017
- Capturing the action at its peak is your ultimate goal.
- golf, martial arts, wrestling, hang gliding, water skiing, hot air ballooning, dance …
Guest Speaker: Kara Wilson – Sports Photography
Workshop: How to Photograph an Athlete