Facilitator: Paul Iacoviello
Join Photographers Paul Iacoviello and Chris Zizzo for a comprehensive hands-on workshop on the Essentials of Portrait Photography. This is a 7 hour, workshop that will introduce participants to the techniques of shooting portraits using both natural and studio lighting and then allow them to practice those techniques.
Topics to be covered:
· Intro to portraiture
· Intro to the Classical / Traditional lighting styles: when to use them and why they work
· The intent of portraiture: not just shooting the face, but recording the personality
· Techniques to creating a portrait: putting the subject at ease, evaluating their features, lighting their features.
· Seeing the light not just the subject
· Exploration: subject / light / scene
· Lenses – which ones, when, and how to use them
Paul’s session will focus on seeing natural ambient sunlight, working with it directly and/or with the use of reflectors. Paul will show examples of his work and then demonstrate the techniques. Participants will then have the opportunity practice these techniques on each other or attending models.
Chris’s session will focus on working with Studio lighting. Chris will demonstrate different portrait lighting setups and techniques. Participants will then have the opportunity to use one of the supplied studio lighting setups to practice photographing each other or attending models.
Participants should have a sound working knowledge of their camera functions and their cameras should have a standardized hot-shoe (flash connection).
Date / Time: Saturday August 19, 2017
Time: 9 am – 4 pm
Location: Caledonia Fair Grounds 151 Caithness St E. Caledonia, On
What to bring: Your Camera
Cost: $ 60 per person $45 for members of Haldimand Photo Club and Hamilton Photo Club
To Register: Contact (message) Paul Iacoviello, either on Facebook or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A min of 8 participants will be required allow this workshop to run.
Final date to register: Tuesday August 15