Facilitator: Paul Iacoviello
Sign up by Nov 21 and receive a FREE HDR Imaging Techniques Booklet
This is a 45+ page 8X10 booklet written by Paul Iacoviello that illustrates all the topics covered during the seminar (and more) and has all the controls and workflows to all the discussed HDR programs illustrated and explained.
A DVD can be pre-ordered $10 each (orders must be received by Nov 21) –videos on techniques and procedures on each of the programs.
Description: This seminar will introduce participants to the most popular programs used today to create stunning HDR images. You’ll be shown the step-by-step procedures to evaluating a scene, setting up your camera, and capturing bracketed exposures that will maximize the desired HDR effect. The programs will be explained and demonstrated with emphasis on their comparative uniqueness, strengths, and weakness. Sample image files will be supplied to participants to allow for hands-on experience with the programs.
Intro to HDR – Definition, visual presentation, and application for the technique.
Shooting Techniques and procedures – lighting, best subjects, gear needed, effective exposure bracketing, post-processing, etc.
Into and Demonstration of:
* Adobe Photoshop CC Merge to HDR Pro
* Adobe Lightroom CC HDR
* Nik HDR Efex Pro 2
* Photomatix Pro v.5
Participants practise with supplied images on HDR software.
Participants should have:
* A capable laptop and at least one or more of the above-mentioned programs. * Nik Collection can be downloaded for free at: https://www.google.com/nikcollection/
* Photomatix Pro free trial version can be downloaded at: https://www.hdrsoft.com/index.html
* A free trial of Photoshop CC & Lightroom can be downloaded at: https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/photoshop?promoid=61PM825Y&mv=other&store_code=ca
Participants will be supplied with:
Sample images to practice HDR editing
1411 Upper Wellington St.
HCC 2016-17 members:
Haldimand Photography Club members:
$25.00 with proof of membership
$50.00 payable at door
About the Photographer:
Paul Iacoviello –
commercial and fine art photographer since 1985. (where does the time go?)
Recipient of two CMA awards for visuals in advertising (way back in the 90s when people were still optimistic).
Photography Instructor at Mohawk College since 1999 Other info and client list can be viewed at: www.pauliacoviello.com in the “About” gallery. http://www.pauliacoviello.com/index2.php#/rtext_2/
Currently shooting – corporate media, actor/model portfolios, travel, and fine art.
Runs private/small numbers workshops, on request, on topics / areas such as:
* Low Light Landscape – 3 days in Tobermory
* Italy – 12 days traveling through and shooting Venice, Florence, Pisa, Siena, Rome
* Legal Aspects of Photography
* Modern Trends in Travel Photography
* Human Figure Photography
* Current Trends in Fashion Photography
* Studio lighting
* Etc., etc., etc.,